Photo and Video Release Form

  • Release forms should be used when necessary to obtain proper permission to use a subject’s image in any and all University communications.
  • Release forms are not needed for photos, video or images of people in public places where a reasonable expectation of privacy is not possible.
  • In general, if minors are featured in photos or video, written permission from the respective parent or guardian should be obtained before a shoot begins.
  • If photographing or capturing video in a school, the photographer/videographer should check with the administration about media releases for the children. If students do not have a release signed by a parent or guardian, they must not be used in any way in a video or photograph.
  • Link to release form [PDF]